The medieval fortress Nečven was built on the very edge of a cliff on the left bank of the Krka River.
Its original masters were the Nelipić family, owners of the entire Promin-Miljevac region. The estate remained under their ownership until 1421, when it came into the hands of the noble Martinušić family. In the early 16th century, the Turks conquered Nečven and held it until 1688.
The Turks brought their soldier here, and turned it into the seat of the Krka nahija (administrative unit of the Ottoman Empire), and later the sandžakat (district) and kadiluk (judicial centre). After the departure of the Turks, Nečven was torched and half destroyed.